Thursday 24 November 2016

Job Interview Questions and Answers

https://www.thebalance.com/job-interview-questions-and-answers-2061204

Tell me about yourself;
Try starting out by sharing some personal interests which don't relate directly to your work. Examples might include a hobby which you are passionate about like badminton, ping-pong, reading, climb mountain.

Volunteer work will demonstrate the seriousness of your character and commitment to the welfare of your community.

Consider using phrases like "In addition to those interests and passions, my professional life is a huge part of who I am, so I'd like to talk a bit about some of the strengths which I would bring to this job."

However, be careful not to overwhelm the interviewer with too much information. After mentioning three or four strengths, you might mention that you have several other assets which you would like to discuss as the interview unfolds.

What is Your Greatest Strength?
The best way to respond is to describe the skills and experience that you have which directly correlates with the job you are applying for. Be prepared to answer by making a list of the qualifications mentioned in the job posting.

Narrow your list of skills down to 3 - 5 particularly strong skills.

What Is Your Greatest Weakness?
You can mention skills that aren't critical for the job, skills you have improved on, or turn a negative into a positive.

I like to make sure that my work is perfect, so I tend to perhaps spend a little too much time checking it. However, I've come to a good balance by setting up a system to ensure everything is done correctly the first time.

How Do You Handle Failure?
My approach is to figure out what I could change to avoid similar circumstances in the future.

Why Are You Leaving Your Job?
1. The company was downsizing and I thought it made sense to seek another position before my job was eliminated.

2. I was commuting and spending an hour each day on travel. I would prefer to be closer to home.

3. I'm looking for a new challenge and to grow my career.

4. I don't have room to grow with my current employer and I'm ready to move on to a new challenge.

Describe a difficult work situation / project and how you overcame it.
I was working on a team project, and my colleagues and I had to make a number of choices about how to use our limited budget. Because these decisions involved group conversations, our team learned how to communicate effectively with one another, and I believe we ultimately made the best decisions for the team.

Where Do You See Yourself in Five Years?

1. My long-term goals involve growing with a company where I can continue to learn, take on additional responsibilities, and contribute as much of value as I can.

2. I see myself as a top performing employee in a well-established organization, like this one. I plan on enhancing my skills and continuing my involvement in (related) professional associations.

3. Once I gain additional experience, I would like to move on from a technical position to management.

No comments:

Post a Comment